dynamic Keyboard activation - desactivation

MONDON Daniel Daniel.MONDON at lpgtechnologies.com
Thu Oct 28 01:32:29 PDT 2010

-----Message d'origine-----
De : xorg-bounces+daniel.mondon=lpgtechnologies.com at lists.freedesktop.org [mailto:xorg-bounces+daniel.mondon=lpgtechnologies.com at lists.freedesktop.org] De la part de Magnus Kessler
Envoyé : mercredi 27 octobre 2010 18:19
À : xorg at lists.freedesktop.org
Objet : Re: dynamic Keyboard activation - desactivation

On Wednesday 27 October 2010 15:31:36 MONDON Daniel wrote:
> Hi all !
>

> I'am under ubuntu 10.04 live CD.
>

> My application doesn't need any keyboard, and I don't want to have one
> because users are not allowed to modify anything.
>

> I know I can do that with xorg.conf file, but
>
> + I don't want to have to restart
>
> + I an under live CD (I have to move the xorg.conf location ... and
> reboot).
>

> I think I can do that with udev rules, but I don't find anyone who can
> help me to do that, or any applicable rule sample. :-(
>

> Or a simple X command ?
>

> Thanks
>

> Daniel.

I think Peter Hutterer provided an answer to your question recently on this
list: See http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2010-October/051507.html

In short, if your version of xinput, the device driver and the xorg server is
new enough you should be able to do:

xinput set-prop <device name> "Device Enabled" 0

HTH,

Magnus

With the <xinput --set-prop 10 127 0> command, I succed to deactivate mouse.

But this mouse is plugged and identified.
Will it be se same thing with a constructor other mouse?

It is the same thing with keyboard.
But with the <xinput --set-prop 11 127 0> command, I have carriage return key pressed every time.

Then, I don't think this solution is ok for me!
Because I think I can't know the new device id for plugged keyboards or mouse.

With what I know, I think it is better to set an udev rule.
Am I right?

Thanks,
Daniel.