X.Org and network

walter harms wharms at bfs.de
Sat Sep 4 10:34:35 PDT 2010

Hi Maxime,
i think there is actually MUCH interest in X11 over network. The fact that there are several
solutions proves that.
I am not a core developer but use X11 very ofter via network and the BIG problems are not
inside X11 itself but inside the toolskits (use xrestop and become speachless:
E.g. 1164 windows for Firefox now on this box now)

The next problem is the licenses of e.g. NX or VNC they use GPL while xorg is MIT (i may be wrong).

NTL it would be interesting to document more about profiling X11, so people can easly complain
WHO is eating there performance.

re,
 wh