Radeon R300: flash exposes terrible EXA performance

Miguel Angel Alvarez maacruz at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 07:45:01 PDT 2010

Hi all,
I've found that lately flash video performance is terrible when using EXA, to
the point of being a slideshow with 100% cpu usage. The only workaround to
get decent performance has been to switch to old XAA acceleration.

I have a R300 video card (ATI Radeon 9550). I've tested with Xorg 7.4 and Xorg
7.5, driver xf86-video-ati 6.13.1 and a late git build, in a opensuse linux
system. I don't know if this affects other Radeon cards.
Test site: megavideo.com
Should I file a bug?
--
Don't see the world through a window, be open{source}minded, and be free :-)