Create a *real* top level window

Eeri Kask Eeri.Kask at mailbox.tu-dresden.de
Thu Sep 23 06:40:47 PDT 2010

On 09/23/2010 03:06 PM, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman)
<raster at rasterman.com> wrote:
>> BTW, as most WMs also deal with input focus management,
>> and as most WMs wrongly ignore OverrideRedirect windows
>> in practise, you have to forcefully 'recover' focus too
>> on each FocusOut event... the same you raise the window
>> (assuming your client expects input of course).  :-)

> wrongfully ignore override-redirect? they have little choice.
> x11 core has defined that they are to bypass the wm.
> no map redirects for them. dont blame wm's.

No I don't,  though it looks like the current server implementation
only ensures WMs have no advantage in knowing something about their
geometrical structure '_in_advance_'  (in respect to all other
clients).  I haven't read, but maybe the spec just says this. :-)

    Eeri Kask