Every newcomers to X think that servers and clients are reversed because they are

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Wed Apr 20 05:28:18 PDT 2011

Paul Dufresne, le Wed 20 Apr 2011 08:17:11 -0400, a écrit :
> What I think the users want to use or share is the X applications.

Then tell your application to connect to other X servers. A bunch of
them already do so, like xblast and emacs. They just need the
credentials, which makes sense.

> Why would someone want to share his monitor, keyboard an mouse on the net?
> That does not seems useful.

It's actually exactly what you are saying: "sharing" an X application
means letting the X application access the end-user's
monitor/keyboard/mouse, and thus share them with other applications
running on the end-user desktop.

Samuel