GdkEvent and GdkEventKey not working in ekiga

David Woodfall dave at dawoodfall.net
Sun Apr 24 07:26:24 PDT 2011

I'm trying to patch ekiga to use the Return key to dial. Presently it
only accepts mouse clicks. I first tried GdkEventKey and then GdkEvent
but neither seem to work. Here's the code:

///////////////////////////////////
#define GDK_Return 0xff0d
static gint
on_view_event_after (GtkWidget *tree_view,
                      GdkEventButton *event,
                      gpointer data,
                      GdkEvent *ev)
{

<snip>

switch (column_type) {
<snip>
       case TYPE_PRESENTITY:

         if (event->type == GDK_BUTTON_PRESS && event->button == 3)
           on_clicked_show_presentity_menu (Ekiga::HeapPtr(heap),
                                            Ekiga::PresentityPtr(presentity),
                                            event);
         if (event->type == GDK_2BUTTON_PRESS || ev->key.keyval == GDK_Return)
           on_clicked_trigger_presentity (Ekiga::PresentityPtr(presentity));
     break;
<snip>

This doesn't work and the keyval always seems to be equal to 1426063360
whether I click with mouse or press any key.

Where am I going wrong?

--
Don't look back, the lemmings are gaining on you.