dead keys not working at all?

Troy Korjuslommi tjk at tksoft.com
Tue Aug 2 11:47:25 PDT 2011

It seems like you got things working.

You might want to try setting XIM as your input method when
testing. It used to be the only one which worked properly when changing
compose files, probably still is.

By the way, xev makes calls to xlib's functions for reading input, which
in turn use the installed IM. So xev does get its input from the IM. The
problems I have seen are with other environments such as gtk and kde
which are written on top of xlib.

Troy