refused connection from client

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Wed Aug 3 09:54:07 PDT 2011

On 08/03/11 08:26, Usuário do Sistema wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I have an application ( fwbuilder  to manager my firewall ) that needs
> an Xserver to run.
>
> so...as I'm using the ubuntu I make it as target for my fwbuilder.
> until some days ago it's worked  but now nothing. I've done some
> changes in my Ubuntu desktop and I think is missing something.
>
> My question is for Xserver ( installed in my ubuntu desktop ) receives
> any connection from other clients what is necessary ? what is the
> libarys ??

The X server needs no libraries beyond the basic system libraries like
libc to receive connections - if the libraries needed are missing, Xorg
simply can't start, as they are directly linked, not dlopen()ed.

More likely you've somehow broken your Xauthority settings to not have
the right access.   (Unless it's a remote connection from another host,
your description is unclear there - in that case you may have disabled
remote network connections by having -nolisten tcp passed to the X server
when it starts.)

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com