Multiple clicks with touchscreen

Kerrick Staley mail at kerrickstaley.com
Thu Aug 11 00:31:41 PDT 2011

Peter,
> 3ou're most likely using udev, not HAL so solution 3 won't work. the
> xorg.conf.d equivalent to the now-deprecated HAL solution is:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Input_device_configuration#Blacklisting_a_device
I tried adding these lines to
/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-disable-default-mouse-pointer.conf (and
restarting X), but it didn't have any apparent effect:
Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "disable /dev/input/mice"
        MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/mice"
        Option "Ignore" "on"
EndSection

I noticed that /dev/input/event12 also picks up events from the
touchscreen, if this helps.

Is there anything that can help identify the source of the extraneous
click events? Similar to xev, except that the input device causing
each event is also displayed?

Thanks,
Kerrick