[Q] NOOB; pkg_delete xorg?

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Fri Aug 12 23:50:26 PDT 2011

On 08/12/11 12:44, Dave T wrote:
> Prologue: I am running freeNAS, based on freeBSD. I was looking to try a
> gui-based app and found I needed an X11 client, so I did the pkg_add -r xorg. It
> installed gobs of files.
>
> Question: What is the best method to delete all of the files that were added?
> Thinking the exact opposite might work, I tried pkg_delete xorg with no joy. Do
> I have to uninstall each individual file? If so, is there a list with the info
> for each file installed (name, location, etc).

That's entirely a question to send to the distro folks responsible for
freeNAS/FreeBSD - we don't know how their package system works, which of
our files they included in their packages, or why their pkg_delete command
didn't remove the files you expected it to.   There's simply far too many
different packaging systems in the different distros for us to know them
all, while each distro has experts in the one they use.

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com