X server crashing

Chris Robinson fabricator4 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 13 13:12:12 PDT 2011

Hi Russ,

I was going to update but the install doesn't currently have a network connection for some reason.  It was another problem I was getting to but wanted to work on one thing at a time, and I thought the video res problem was going to be an easy fix. (Ha!)

I also didn't equate <problem> at pointer "nil" with a null pointer - rather, I though it was unable to give the correct information.  Pointing out the null pointer situation illuminated the problem for me.

I'll take a step back and work on the network problem, then see if there's any updates available that might hopefully solve the problem, or put in a bug report to Slackware if it does not.

Thanks

Chris