XInput: Atmel maXTouch Digitizer touch screen

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Thu Dec 22 04:48:19 PST 2011

On 22.12.2011 07:41, Chase Douglas wrote:
> You can fiddle with the input class like you have been to resolve this.
> Add these lines to your input class:
>
> Driver "evdev"
> Option "Mode" "Absolute"

I did this, but then the clicks by tapping don't work at all anymore.
I.e. mouse cursor follows my finger, but I cannot activate anything.

> Or, fix your driver so it works properly. Simply removing the
> registration of the BTN_TOOL_EVENT should work. It doesn't even use
> BTN_TOOL_FINGER. I've seen this exact issue on almost every driver of
> Android origin, like they're all copy&  pasted.

Do you think I should still proceed this way, given above?

> You may know this already as well, but your driver/device is only
> operating as a single-touch capable device. maXTouch chips all support
> at least some multitouch, IIRC. There is an upstream Linux driver for
> these chips, and it supports multitouch.

Yes, I know. For a start, I'd be quite happy to get a single finger and
a nice onscreen keyboard working properly.

You mean hid-multitouch or some other one? The hid-multitouch didn't
work, because the USD IDs are not registered and apparently the udev
rules trich failed as well. I'll try adding the IDs and recompile the
kernel, if you think that will make it work properly.

Ben