Nouveau_drv problem and KMS nouveau problem... please HELP!

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at web.de
Wed Jan 12 14:22:59 PST 2011

Am Wednesday 12 January 2011 schrieb Maginot Junior:
> only this is shown inside gdm log, /usr/X11R6/bin/X: symbol lookup
> error: /usr/X11/lib/X11/modules/drivers/nouveau_drv.so: undefined
> symbol: BEGIN_RING ... this is the last line
yeah, no - that's certainly not ok :-)

the library is still not valid, but BEGIN_RING should be a static __inline__'r
in libdrm/nouveau/nouveau_pushbuf.h, so i don't know why there would be some
symbol lookup at all *shrug* (except for __inline__ not taking place, you
/are/ compiling with gcc/gnu-ld i assume?)
(but it's ok that it's not found then)

> Sorry if I was rude to any one, was not my intention, and thanks for
> you attention to my problem.
No worry,
was just that you were insisting on things that were obvioously wrong ;-P

Cheers,
Thomas