xorg /xserver lockups + Intel Mobile 4 graphics

ocki ocki at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 5 11:03:19 PDT 2011

Hope this is the right place. PClinuxos 2011.6 KDE4.6.4 on Toshiba Satellite
A305 / Intel Mobile 4 graphics / 3 gb RAM./ kernel 2.6.38.8 bfs/
configuration chooses Intel i810 or later driver./ xog 1.10.2

Random non-reproduceable xserver lockups either during boot, logout or
mid-session. Usually can CTRL + ALT+BCKSPC  takes me to login screen where
sesion continues with apps and browser open as if nothing had happened.

This occurs usually with desktop effects enabled but can happen with them off
as well, and can happen while using file manager, posting in forum in browser
or other times.

Memtest - two passes show no errors.
I have tried Intel i810 (default loads the i915 according to lsmod)
I have tried xorg intel drivers
I have edited kdmrc to add TerminatServer=true in [X-*-Core] section

I can provide other console outputs but have never use pastebin. Is it OK to
post xorg.conf and Xorg.0.log here?

Any help appreciated