multibutton mouse x-755k a4tech issues

Paulo Silva nitrofurano at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 13:12:58 PDT 2011

hi!

i found somewhere that the mouse on gnu/linux is drived over x.org
the problem is i can't configure the extra mouse buttons from x-755k a4tech

the usual left+right+wheel buttons are working fine, but...

http://loadsys.pt/images/A4Tech_X-755K.jpg

from the picture above we see a thumb 'button' with 5 buttons - the
red one in the center, and a directional one around it

the wheel can also be slided to left and right, what means two more buttons

counting them, there are 7 customizable buttons i can't use on
gnu-linux - i tried editing xorg.conf , or using btnx or imwheel,
unsuccessfully

there are other 2 more buttons, a kind of left-double-click, and one
above the wheel for the dpi switching, which i don't know how
customizable they are (the manual says that they are, but i have no
idea)

is anywhere some way to configure these buttons, or report bugs, or
what else should i use? wonderful would be if there are x.org
developers that owns and uses these kind of multibutton mices...

for me, would be useful having these buttons for using on applications
like Blender (like for the views and edit modes), Inkscape and Gimp,
and doing stuff like switching workspaces, etc...

( in advance, i assume that i'm not very comfortable on compiling
kernel modules, and i expect i wouldn't need to go this way )

thanks and regards,
.p

--
Don't give Microsoft the remote control. Don't use Windows 7.
<http://windows7sins.org>