X crash

Matthew Monaco dgbaley27 at verizon.net
Mon Mar 28 17:45:30 PDT 2011

On 03/28/2011 11:12 AM, Adam Jackson wrote:
> On 3/27/11 11:50 PM, Matthew Monaco wrote:
>
>> So, I don't mean for this to be a lesson in gdb. I was able to build
>> Xorg with debugging symbols easily. When I start gdb and run 'continue'
>> before Xorg crashes, nothing happens. It doesn't even bring me back to a
>> (gdb) prompt. When I try to exit out of gdb, then Xorg crashes. I was
>> expecting a (gdb) prompt after continue where I can wait for the
>> segfault and run "bt full".
>
> 'continue' continues execution. If it went back to the (gdb) prompt you'd be
> stopped again. gdb will catch the segfault automatically once you've continued.
>
> - ajax

Xorg.log: http://pastebin.com/4YD47x83
bt full : http://pastebin.com/BGagSzUH

lspci:
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated
Graphics Controller (rev 02)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Redwood [Radeon HD 5600
Series]

This is a gpu switching laptop. The crash only happens when on the ATI card.
Furthermore it seems to only happen when using an external monitor (HDMI).

I'm using Arch.

Kernel is currently 2.6.38.1.