button presses dont show up in xev

Johannes Schauer j.schauer at email.de
Sat May 14 04:48:19 PDT 2011

hi all,

I am running Debian unstable on the Notion Ink Adam tablet.
The device is having four buttons that show up as /dev/input/event1.

/dev/input/event1 will also produce output when the buttons are pressed.
The raw output of pressing all four buttons one after each other can be
seen here: http://mister-muffin.de/p/pJo2.txt

evtest produces this output when pressing all four buttons one after
another: http://mister-muffin.de/p/YoYL.txt

I started xorg with "startx /usr/bin/xterm" and then started xev but in
contrast to touchscreen events or events from the attached usb
keyboard, there is no output when pressing one of those four buttons.

This is my /var/log/Xorg.0.log: http://mister-muffin.de/p/j6lq.txt

And here is my /proc/bus/input/devices: http://mister-muffin.de/p/PjEq.txt

How can I find out what is wrong and why I get output on
/dev/input/event1 and with evtest but nothing with xev?

cheers, josch