after update X server crashes after KDM login

Matthias Weiss matthias_weiss at gmx.at
Fri May 20 01:36:20 PDT 2011

Hi folks!

After an software upgrade of my Debian SID computer from xorg xserver 1.5 to 1.7 the X server crashes directly after the login in kdm.

Before the crash I had to add the

Option "AutoAddDevices" "False"

option in my xorg.conf because neither mouse nor keyboard were reacting when kdm was running.

I tried to make sense of the Xorg.log file but other than the error message pointing to the input system I don't know why X crashes. I attached the log file.

I appreciate any help!

regards
matthias