Ideas for X improvement.

David Jackson djackson452 at gmail.com
Fri May 27 07:31:05 PDT 2011

The code bases for the X multiplexers/proxies were actually Xmove, Xmx and
XTV. Sorry about the confusion. I gave the wrong names. Xmx was developed at
brown university. I had tried Xmove before and it works with 16 bit displays
but apparently does not work with 24 bit displays. None of them are likely
up to date to support Render, etc. The concept of being able to forward one
window and its children to be displayed inside another window on another
server is an interesting and versatile concept. The idea of these tends to
be to keep the xclient connected to the same psuedo/middleman-Xserver, which
then opens connections to destination X servers. The psuedo/middleman X
server performs manipulations to keep the xclients or the destination
xserver from knowing whats going on. The psuedo/middle-man server could be a
real server as well, with a special driver for forwarding.