xinput -> core pointer - Transformation?

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Thu Oct 13 16:01:05 PDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 01:51:26PM +0200, Roman Seidl wrote:
> Thnaks for answering my request. Well it does not seem to be a
> Problem with Xournal - it ist the same with the current stable and
> the development version. Furthermore it ist the same problem with
> GIMP when i activate the Xinput.
>
> So is there any information onf how the pointer gets transformed?

dix/getevents.c:transformAbsolute() in the server. The theory is that for
any coordinate x/y that the driver posts the actual event coordinates given
a matrix M are x(m)/y(m). So you should never see the original coordinates.
Simplest example, a driver with range 0..100 that has a matrix mapping to
the left 50% should only ever have 0..50 in the events.
Provided the server does this correctly, the rest is in the client side.

Cheers,
  Peter