xorg open driver and ati card Radeon 9200 agp

Simon Thum simon.thum at gmx.de
Sun Oct 30 09:04:30 PDT 2011

Hi Valter,

I had this problem long ago with a very similar configuration. It
vanished when Alex Deucher modified some details (like rounding) in the
Radeon mode setting/calculation code.

I don't know about the details, but maybe you can copy the modeline
generated by the proprietary driver and force the open-source radeon to
use it. But I'm not sure it's possible, and even if I don't know how to
do it ;)

In my case, the problem also did depend on the LCD - perhaps you can
check other models.

Cheers,

Simon