i915 question

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Apr 3 02:51:01 PDT 2012

Greetings;

I have a pair of small machines, ideal for running cnc machinery, that are
Atom based with i915 video, on Intel D525MW motherboards.

I am having way more than I'd consider normal crashes/lockups/spontaneous
reboots when closing applications.  These events leave no evidence in the
logs, and generally consist of the screen going black with a frozen mouse
cursor about 1 second after closing an app, needing (usually) a reset or
power cycle to reboot.

I am getting the feeling that I ought to be pointing my finger at the i915
driver.  Is there any way to hang something on it that would confirm or
deny that hunch?  Some sort of a watchdog timer perhaps?

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Q:	Why did the astrophysicist order three hamburgers?
A:	Because he was hungry.