Triple-head setup advice sought

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Fri Apr 6 05:37:38 PDT 2012

On Fri, 06 Apr 2012 13:07:53 +0200
Ben Bucksch <linux.news at bucksch.org> wrote:

> On 06.04.2012 12:23, Alan Cox wrote:
> > I'm using a cheap Radeon (HD5430 I think). Does the job, runs three
> > heads. Probably useless for high end gaming but that wasn't on my
> > requirement list.
>
> Thanks, Alan, for the recommendation. But that's a notebook chip. Could
> you double-check the model number?

Thats what lspci thinks it is. Could be that there are several with that
PCI identifier or I guess that people are putting the mobile chip on
cards ?

[958731.681] (--) RADEON(0): Chipset: "ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5000
Series" (Chip ID = 0x68e1)
[958731.681] (II) RADEON(0): PCIE card detected

is what X has to say.

I suspect its a 5450 ?