xrandr confusion over different options that do the same thing

Kai Hendry hendry at webconverger.com
Wed Apr 25 05:34:40 PDT 2012

On 25 April 2012 20:24, Alex Deucher <alexdeucher at gmail.com> wrote:
> If the are locked down kiosks then just configure them how you want
> them statically and then don't let the user change the configuration.
> If (B) is the most important then why allow users to mess with the
> displays at all?

Unfortunately I'm reliant on a "admin" setting it up. I don't know
from where I'm sitting the way kiosks are setup. I cannot ssh in an
tweak things and find the connector name (is that the correct
terminology?)

I'm reliant on a local librarian setting it up if you can understand.
And the their config is saved with us. Once the machine is configured
it cannot be modified by the user.

Kind regards,