Netiquette: No HTML messages please. (was: [ANNOUNCE] glamor 0.5.0)

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 06:13:30 PDT 2012

On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 10:03 AM, Fernando Cassia <fcassia at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it? shame... one would think that some sort of slow-speed DSL would be
> possible even on pots lines very very far from the exchange.... I remember
> reading that in Australia Telstra used some ´repeaters´ on the copper lines
> allowing DSL to reach distances that were previously thought to be too far
> for DSL. Although details about it are a bit foggy on my memory, as I read
> about it many years ago.

FWIW and not to leave any loose ends in the argument, found it, here´s what
I read about Telstra´s device that could bring DSL even for people up to
20km away (12 miles) from the phone exchange
http://whirlpool.net.au/news/?id=1432&show=replies

FC

act
Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un Acto
Revolucionario
- George Orwell