PS/2 Touch Screen

Quentin Olson qolson at posappliance.com
Mon Aug 13 13:33:09 PDT 2012

I have a touch screen point of sale system and I want to run Fedora 17.
The touch sort of works, cursor follows my finger but the calibration is
off and touches (clicks) don't register.

Here is what xinput sees:

[root at pos0002 ~]# xinput list
⎡ Virtual core pointer id=2 [master pointer (3)]
⎜ ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer id=4 [slave pointer (2)]
⎜ ↳ PS/2 Generic Mouse id=13 [slave pointer (2)]
⎣ Virtual core keyboard id=3 [master keyboard (2)]
↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard id=5 [slave keyboard (3)]
↳ Power Button id=6 [slave keyboard (3)]
↳ Power Button id=7 [slave keyboard (3)]
↳ AT Translated Set 2 keyboard id=12 [slave keyboard (3)]

I've installed Ubuntu 10.4 on these systems before and to get the touch
working I had to do the following things:

echo -n "serio_raw" > /sys/bus/serio/devices/serio1/drvctl
then create an xorg.conf, install the eGalax
(http://home.eeti.com.tw/web20/eGalaxTouchDriver/linuxDriver.htm) touch
driver and run their setup.sh with the ps/2 option, after that it worked.

Under Fedora 17 when I...

[root at pos0002 ~]# echo -n "serio_raw" > /sys/bus/serio/devices/serio1/drvctl
-bash: echo: write error: Invalid argument

I get invalid argument.

Can anyone help with how this works in the latest xorg.

Thanks.

--
*Quentin Olson*
qolson at posappliance.com <mailto:qolson at posappliance.com>