why does -sharevts is so important for multseat setup?

StompDagger1@yahoo.com stompdagger1 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 18 11:05:18 PDT 2012

Hello,

I have a multiseat setup and where I'm experiencing lose of keystrokes in the second seat.
I'm using hotpluged (via udev) feature, what  I do noticed that if I press CRTL+ALT+F1on seat 2, seat1 goes to cli.
for now I'm putting udev aside on this matter and try to concentrate on X part, while searching the web I've found a article that mentions that such issue can happen due to the -sharevts.

I wanted to know, why multiseat setup needs to share vts? why if I take out this feature, one of the seats doesn't lights up?

Thanks.

An wise Scandinavian old man once said: "in the end, everything is going to be alright"