tablet as a second monitor on linux

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 11:44:51 PST 2012

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 1:30 PM, Adam Groszer <agroszer.ll at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to use an android tablet as a secondary monitor for my laptop.
> Secondary monitor as one physical would be plugged into the VGA port.
> Googling resulted in no concrete solution.

Does the tablet have a VGA input port and can it act as a monitor or
are you asking about using it as a virtual second monitor?  If the
latter, you can probably play with xdmx assuming you can get an
xserver running on the tablet, however, there's no real official
solution that I know of.  Anything will basically be a hack.

Alex