tablet as a second monitor on linux

David Narvaez david.narvaez at computer.org
Tue Dec 18 15:29:52 PST 2012

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 1:30 PM, Adam Groszer <agroszer.ll at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to use an android tablet as a secondary monitor for my laptop.
> Secondary monitor as one physical would be plugged into the VGA port.
> Googling resulted in no concrete solution.
>
> With some help of a friend, the http://pastie.org/5548492 script kind
> of works. (on xubuntu 11.10)
> Problems:
> - the XFCE top panel gets extended to the "tablet monitor"
> - the mouse pointer cannot enter the "tablet monitor"
> - both above together cause the panel to be inaccessible
>
> Any pointers are welcome, how to solve this.

You do know asking for pointers[0] in an X list is misleading, don't you? :)

All jokes aside, I recently started a thread with a similar goal and
got no answers - actually my initial idea was similar to the DMX thing
also suggested in this thread. One challenge I want to tackle (and
you probably don't) is to be able to have multiple pointers: one from
the touchscreen of the tablet and one from the laptop.

In any case, please let me know if you get anywhere regarding this
idea since I haven't been able to move much forward.

David E. Narvaez

[0] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pointer_(computing_WIMP)