Remapping the AltGr key to Control

quidH4 quidh4 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 07:28:56 PST 2012

2012/2/25  <wettstein509 at solnet.ch>:
> Look for "Right Alt".  There is an option ctrl:ralt_rctrl (defined in
> xkb/symbols/ctrl) that looks like it does what you want.  This option
> was introduced in xkeyboard-config version 2.4, so it is quite new.
>
> Andreas

Thanks it worked!

Can I ask you another question?

I've created a custom symbols file like this:

partial modifier_keys
xkb_symbols "test_mapping" {
    custom mappings...
};

This file is located in "/home/quidh4/.xkb/symbols/test"

How can I load that configuration without loosing other keys?

I tried this command "setxkbmap -I$HOME/.xkb test -option test:test_mapping"
but I had to reboot my system because I lost the gb layout for other keys,
and they became dead keys.