Elantech touchpad issue

Peter Zotov whitequark at whitequark.org
Tue Feb 28 10:31:59 PST 2012

Hello.

I have a notebook, Samsung RC530, with Elantech touchpad:
[18392.637632] psmouse serio1: elantech: assuming hardware version 3
(with firmware version 0x450f00)
[18392.672694] psmouse serio1: elantech: Synaptics capabilities query
result 0x08, 0x15, 0x0c.

The touchpad is identified correctly by the kernel, sends the correct
finger touch
events (verified by a printk probe) and is correctly bound to synaptics
driver within
xorg (Xorg.log: http://pastie.org/3481273). There is one "minor" issue,
however:
the driver thinks that 3-finger touch is 1-finger touch, and disregards
1-finger touches
whatsoever.

That is, I can move cursor with 3 fingers, but not 1. I can still
scroll with 2 fingers.

I use Debian wheezy.

Ideas? Fixes? Thanks for your time.

--