Xlib and Xinerama: Ints vs. Shorts?

Christopher Howard christopher.howard at frigidcode.com
Fri Jan 6 02:44:17 PST 2012

This is my first post to this list, so pardon any breach of protocol:
but I was rather curious about something and this seemed like the only
place where someone might actually know the answer. Why is it that in
Xlib.h, the x,y,width,height members are always declared as ints, but in
Xinerama.h (in XineramaScreenInfo, specifically) they ended up being
shorts? Naively, it would seem strange that Xinerama heads would be
restricted to a dimension that could be considerably smaller than that
allowed for the actual display.

--
frigidcode.com
theologia.indicium.us