modular build fails at libXau

Semeraro, B David semeraro at illinois.edu
Wed Jan 18 13:21:05 PST 2012

Hello,

I am trying to perform a modular build following the directions from this site:

http://www.x.org/wiki/ModularDevelopersGuide#Introduction

Everything runs well until the build script gets to lib/libXau then things fail. I am building on a centos5.x system and have updated all the development tools and libs to the versions called for on the previously noted website. I then issue the command:

./util/modular/build.sh --clone $HOME/Xstuff/build -o lib/libXau

and get the following output:

Building to run Linux / x86_64 ()
Wed Jan 18 14:58:27 CST 2012
Skipping util module component macros...
Skipping font module component util...
Skipping doc module component xorg-sgml-doctools...
Skipping doc module component xorg-docs...
Skipping proto module component bigreqsproto...
Skipping proto module component compositeproto...
Skipping proto module component damageproto...
Skipping proto module component dmxproto...
Skipping proto module component dri2proto...
Skipping proto module component fixesproto...
Skipping proto module component fontsproto...
Skipping proto module component glproto...
Skipping proto module component inputproto...
Skipping proto module component kbproto...
Skipping proto module component randrproto...
Skipping proto module component recordproto...
Skipping proto module component renderproto...
Skipping proto module component resourceproto...
Skipping proto module component scrnsaverproto...
Skipping proto module component videoproto...
Skipping proto module component x11proto...
Skipping proto module component xcmiscproto...
Skipping proto module component xextproto...
Skipping proto module component xf86bigfontproto...
Skipping proto module component xf86dgaproto...
Skipping proto module component xf86driproto...
Skipping proto module component xf86vidmodeproto...
Skipping proto module component xineramaproto...
Skipping xcb module component proto...
Skipping util module component makedepend...
Skipping lib module component libxtrans...

==  Processing module/component:  "lib/libXau"
Cloning into 'lib/libXau'...
remote: Counting objects: 392, done.
Receiving objects: 100% (392/392), 84.83 KiB, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (234/234), done.
autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal -I /home/semeraro/Xstuff/build/share/aclocal
autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Libtool
autoreconf: running: /usr/local/bin/autoconf
configure.ac:35: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.ac:36: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
autoreconf: /usr/local/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1
build.sh: "autogen.sh" failed on lib/libXau
build.sh: error processing module/component:  "lib/libXau"

All of the skipped modules built just fine but for some reason there is an undefined macro that looks like something to do with microsoft windows in there. Google fails to shed any light on the problem and so I come here for help. Any help resolving this error would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Dave S.