modular build fails at libXau

Gaetan Nadon memsize at videotron.ca
Thu Jan 19 05:36:14 PST 2012

On 12-01-18 04:21 PM, Semeraro, B David wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to perform a modular build following the directions from
> this site:
>
> http://www.x.org/wiki/ModularDevelopersGuide#Introduction
Alan is correct, libXau is the first module in the list to require
libtool. You may possibly find other missing tools as you go along.

This is why in the wiki there is a link to a page called "Required
Packages":

    http://www.x.org/wiki/RequiredPackages

It lists all the packages you need to install in order to build all of
X. This list varies greatly from one OS to another. If you'd like to
make a contribution to the wiki and write down the packages you
installed on centos, that would be great. Just follow the pattern in there.

I wrote the ones for Ubuntu. On a freshly installed distro, I can build
all of X with just three commands. One to install the list of tools, one
to create the installation dir and one to run build.sh.

Thanks