Error message after Xorg -configure

Cees Biesheuvel ceesbiesheuvel at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 00:58:24 PDT 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

On my Toshiba Satellite M30 laptop I installed Xubuntu 12.04 (Windows XP is still there) but the display resolution is not correct during the startup, and after that the graphics is not ok. The autodetection of the display resolution is not going well. I got the suggestion to start in repair modus and then to the root and do the following to bypass the autodetection:

Type in: Xorg -configure =============> this goes wrong see error message below
follow the instructions to set the correct resolution
Restart
Finally copy /root/xorg.conf.new to /etc/x11/xorg.conf
Restart

Error message:
Could not create lock file in /temp/.tx0-lock
Please consult the X.org foundation support http://wiki.x.org

Please inform me what to do.

Beste regards from Holland,
Cees