Odd issues with Cando touch screen

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Sun Jul 8 22:33:08 PDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 09, 2012 at 12:15:17AM +0000, Chandler Paul wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Jul 2012 14:07:07 +1000
> Peter Hutterer <peter.hutterer at who-t.net> wrote:
>
> > if you don't need the actual multitouch support you can hack up evdev
> > to undefine MULTITOUCH and it should handle the other events
> > correctly.
> >
> > if the screen works otherwise but not in xfce, I suspect it's an Xfce
> > issue since the server doesn't treat the WM any different to otehe
> > clients.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >   Peter
>
> Is there no easy way to do it with multitouch being enabled?

no, sorry. the driver treats multitouch devices as such and passes on the
multitouch events. only by purposely disabling can you force the driver back
into the old mode (which technically isn't done by the driver either, it's
just that the driver then only sees some events from the kernel and the
kernel does legacy event emulation).

Cheers,
  Peter