Odd issues with Cando touch screen

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Mon Jul 9 17:22:09 PDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 09, 2012 at 02:00:52AM +0000, Chandler Paul wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Jul 2012 15:33:08 +1000
> Peter Hutterer <peter.hutterer at who-t.net> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jul 09, 2012 at 12:15:17AM +0000, Chandler Paul wrote:

> > > Is there no easy way to do it with multitouch being enabled?
> >
> > no, sorry. the driver treats multitouch devices as such and passes on
> > the multitouch events. only by purposely disabling can you force the
> > driver back into the old mode (which technically isn't done by the
> > driver either, it's just that the driver then only sees some events
> > from the kernel and the kernel does legacy event emulation).
> >
> > Cheers,
> >   Peter
>
> Would a patch to change this behavior be possible, or programming
> something to react to the events being passed by the drivers and
> emulate a right click?
> Also, for the time being something should be added to the evdev man
> page regarding this, as that would have saved me a lot of time in
> trying to figure out this matter.

I'll add a section about MT support the man page (once I get to it) but I
don't want this to be a configurable behaviour. getting MT right is
difficult to begin with and having these behaviours configurable makes
coding, debugging and triaging a lot harder.

we're in that transition phase of some drivers/devices having MT support,
others not, the client stack having partial support so things just don't
work perfectly smooth yet. hacks we put in now may solve some pain short
term, but will come back to bite us later.

Cheers,
  Peter