Keyboardmapping with evdev

Daniel Spannbauer ds at marco.de
Thu Jul 12 01:05:37 PDT 2012

Am 07/12/2012 08:33 AM, schrieb Daniel Spannbauer:
> Hello,
>
> I try to get a german keyboard mapping on our own keyboard on a machine
> with opensuse 11.4 (Xorg 7.6) and fglrx 8.930.
>
> My conf seems to be ok...
>
> ---------------------------------
> Section "InputClass"
>         Identifier "evdev keyboard catchall"
>         MatchIsKeyboard "on"
>         MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
>         Driver "evdev"
> EndSection
>

> Section "InputClass"
>         Identifier "LocalKeyboard"
>         MatchIsKeyboard "on"
>         Option  "XkbLayout"     "de"
> EndSection
> -------------------------------------
>

> According to the Xorg.0.log ( http://paste.opensuse.org/5436713 )the
> german keyboard mapping should be active...but it is not. The layout is
> still "us".
>
> If I connect a USB-Keyboard at the same time the layout on that
> USB-Keyboard is german. After I press one key on that usb-keyboard our
> own keyboard is also german.....
>
> Can anybody help me to figure out the problem? At normal circumstances I
> can't connect an other keyboard.

Additional Info:

If I do a "setxkbmap -query -verbose 10" I get the following:

Setting verbose level to 10
locale is C
Applied rules from evdev:
rules:      evdev
model:      evdev
layout:     de
Trying to build keymap using the following components:
keycodes:   evdev+aliases(qwertz)
types:      complete
compat:     complete
symbols:    pc+de+inet(evdev)+terminate(ctrl_alt_bksp)
geometry:   pc(pc104)
rules:      evdev
model:      evdev
layout:     de

But the Keyboard is still us/english. After a "setxkbmap de" the
Keyboard is german.

Any ideas?

Regards

Daniel

--
Daniel Spannbauer                         Software Entwicklung
marco Systemanalyse und Entwicklung GmbH  Tel   +49 8333 9233-27 Fax -11
http://www.marco.de/                      Email ds at marco.de
Geschäftsführer Martin Reuter             HRB 171775 Amtsgericht München