setting the state of a pointer

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Sun Jun 24 18:16:22 PDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 09:59:42PM +0200, krastanov.stefan at gmail.com wrote:
> Due to a problem with a touchscreen the state of the pointer gets
> stuck to 0x110. How can I reset the pointer state? Using xdotool and
> xte and generating mouse event with them did not work. Using a usb
> mouse works, however the state continues to be stuck to 0x110.

best to fix the touchscreen drivers. 0x110 means 0x10 (numlock) and 0x100
(button 1). ignore the numlock, so this just means that the touchscreen
never sends a button release event (or touch up, depending on what version
of X you're running).

I'd need to see the evtest output for this device and the xserver/evdev
version you're running to say more though.

Cheers,
  Peter