[ANNOUNCE] xorg-server 1.12.0

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Thu Mar 8 10:04:40 PST 2012

On Wed, 2012-03-07 at 13:35 -0700, Jonathan Corbet wrote:
> Hey, Keith,
>
> A question:
>
> > Here's the final 1.12 release. Thanks to every for contributing new features,
> > bug fixes, documentation and testing.
>
> Is there anything resembling release notes or a feature list for releases
> like this?  It would be a lot easier for us to call them out if such a
> thing were available...

There really should be, shouldn't there.

Notable changes since 1.11.0, in my opinion, from a quick glance over
the git log:

* udev/systemd-based multiseat support (things like Plugable USB gadgets
Just Work)
* DRI2 enhancements for low memory and better triple-buffering
* Better smooth scrolling (internally using doubles, etc)
* Driver support for RANDR rotation (instead of requiring a shadow
buffer)
* Multitouch support (XI 2.2)

- ajax