Mouse buttons/scroll directions swapped with recent Xorg

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Mon Mar 12 05:48:03 PDT 2012

Hello,

Recently (beginning of February), I performed the following upgrades:

xf86-input-evdev (2.6.0-4 -> 2.6.99.901-1)
xf86-input-synaptics (1.5.0-1 -> 1.5.99-0.1)
xorg-server (1.11.4-1 -> 1.11.99.903-1)
xorg-xinput (1.5.3-2 -> 1.5.99.1-1)
(Some of these packages have since been updated to their latest releases
or newer snapshots, but the problems I describe below remain the same.)

Since then, I have two problems:

1) On my ALPS touchpad, the circular scroll direction has been reversed:
Scrolling left is now button 5, scrolling right is button 4. (The right
edge of the touchpad still scrolls correctly, up is button 4, down is
button 5.)

2) On my Logitech M555b mouse, buttons 6 and 7 have been swapped.

I can't figure out where these problems occur. They could either be two
separate problems in evdev and synaptics, or a single problem in xinput.
I would appreciate any help to get this problem fixed.

Regards and thanks
Thomas