x forwarding? Fixed?

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Mar 15 21:37:40 PDT 2012

On Friday, March 16, 2012 12:29:58 AM Glynn Clements did opine:

> gene heskett wrote:
> > > In my experience, enabling debugging on the server side (via the
> > > LogLevel directive in sshd_config) tends to be more useful than
> > > the debug information produced by the client.
> >
> > In this case 'server' I assume being the machine I am targeting, aka
> > 'lathe'?
>
> Yes; the machine running the sshd daemon.

I _think_ its running but I will add that debug level to the config file
the next time I boot it.  I need to get the motor controllers & power
supplies assembled next.  This box will be running a cnc'd lathe when its
all assembled.

> The ssh client can only tell you what the ssh server tells it, and
> it's in the nature of the "secure shell" protocol for the server not
> to tell the client too much. It may tell it if something failed, but
> probably not exactly how or why it failed.

I can understand that reticence.  I was out in the garage a bit ago,
updated that machine & then shut it off, intending to get some beauty
sleep.  Alas, I've fooled around and failed, not that it would do me much
good with all the calendars I've thrown away. ;-)

Thanks Glynn.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Don't vote -- it only encourages them!