ANN: xterm patch #279
dickey at radix.net
Thu May 10 07:07:27 PDT 2012
Patch #279 - 2012/05/10
* fill in missing cases in the save/restore modes feature (report by
* add check to ensure that combining characters are precomposed in
the order given (report/analysis by Andries E Brouwer).
* improve workability check for posix_openpt(), to take into account
BSD systems which do not complete initialization until both sides
of the pseudoterminal are opened (report by Christian Weisgerber).
* amend fix for Debian #650291 in patch #277 changes to account for
different data returned by vnc4server (Debian #670638).
* add check in DECCRA operation to make copies of blinking text also
blink by updating a line-level flag.
* modify rectangle operations to work with DECOM.
* modify DECSERA to use the current protected state rather than
* add precompose resource to allow storing character data in
Normalized Form D as described in http://unicode.org/reports/tr15/
(report/discussion with Andries E Brouwer).
* modify CBT, other ISO-6429 controls which are used by VT520 to work
* add HPR and VPR controls, ISO 6429 cursor movement used in VT520.
* remove "linux" restriction for IUTF8 ifdef in main.c (prompted by
Matthew Dempsky posting on mailing.openbsd.tech).
* implement the remaining VT420-level device status reports.
* change DECXCPR to return page 1, rather than 0.
* improve VT-level checks on reporting functions, such as DECXCPR.
* change limit on decTerminalID to 525.
* fixes to improve vttest vt52 screen when running as a VT420:
+ add checks for some VT2xx and up controls for consistency:
DECSCL, S1C8T, S1C7T.
+ modify DECRQSS return for DECSCL to only return that when
running as VT2xx and up.
+ when exiting from VT52-mode, resume in VT100 level rather than
the level before starting VT52-mode.
* implement DECLRMM, DECSLRMM and DECNCSM (prompted by discussions
with Ailin Nemui and Paul LeoNerd Evans). This modifies several
controls to obey top/bottom and left/right margins.
* correct macro definition used for testing modes used in ANSI/DEC
request-mode controls introduced in patch #262.
* modify x_getlogin to check $LOGNAME and $USER before fallback to
getlogin, so that user's choice for these variables can be carried
forward to the xterm process (Debian #611487).
* document DECSCUSR response for DECRQSS in ctlseqs.ms
* add zIconTitleFormat resource to allow customizing the "*** "
prefixed to the icon title when the zIconBeep feature is activated
(request by Thomas Adam).
* modify DECSCUSR to update the same internal variable as RM/SM 12,
and document in manpage the two variables used for controlling
blinking cursor (report by Paul LeoNerd Evans).
* correct response data for DECSCUSR in reply for DECRQSS response,
which had inverted the blink-value (reports by Ailin Nemui, Paul
* add a null-pointer check in OkPasswd macro to fix a problem in
resize with Fedora 17 and a serial console (report/patch by Daniel
* add workaround for Mac OS X, which loses the window size of a
pseudo-terminal when the tty device is opened (report/analysis by
* updated configure check for workable posix_openpt versus grantpt,
from luit fixes.
* modify DECIC/DECDC/DECBI/DECFI implemented in patch #277 to enable
them only in VT4xx mode and up (report by Ailin Nemui).
* update config.guess, config.sub
Thomas E. Dickey
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 228 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the xorg