X server crash due to evdev device - regression

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Sun May 13 23:01:52 PDT 2012

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 08:41:08PM +0200, Ben Bucksch wrote:
> On 11.05.2012 20:36, Ben Bucksch wrote:
> >I've upgraded from Ubuntu 11.10 to 12.04, and the X server is now
> >crashing. Log excerpt below. lsusb -vv attached.
>
> Forgot to add: Obviously, that's not an input device. With Ubuntu
> 11.10, this was already in the Xorg log as event device (I don't
> have the old logs, but I remember), but didn't crash. I have no idea
> why an onboard sound card would be recognized as mouse, despite it
> reporting "HID" as one device class.

does this crash happen on the vanilla X server? 12.04's xserver has too many
patches at this point and this really looks like something I've fixed at
some point in the not-too-distant past.

Please try to reproduce with the stock 1.12 server and file a bug. Attach
your evemu recording so I can try to reproduce this.

Cheers,
  Peter