kms etc ati nouveau intel

Sebastian Glita glseba at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 29 11:37:04 PST 2012

Hi,
gimme some few days, we have three days free here...

>>  2. ATI Radeon Xpress 200M [not  working installed sources from git]

> Define 'not working'. What happens? Please provide any corresponding
> dmesg output and Xorg.0.log file at least.

I would say by Xorg process going [defunct], and "no screens found" in
the Xorg.0.log, to follow...

>>  CONFIG_DRM_RADEON=m
>>  # CONFIG_DRM_RADEON_KMS is not set
>
> The latter means KMS is disabled unless you pass the modeset=1 parameter
> to the radeon driver.

Yeah, well, for radeon I chose before to "append radeon.modeset=1" to lilo
kernel commandline, and based myself on module loading. Now, I set to 'yes'
the above two, but my remote machine didn't boot. The other two I don't dare
yet test because I need (to right these replies, for instance).

I look to provide more context.

Thanks,
Sebastian