Re: black screen after the Ubuntu logo

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 05:41:04 PDT 2012

So you just got a rant draft (and i figured a bug in trojitá =)

Anyway, the problem holds, the module is not present or the binary broken.

Check the files in
/usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/* - maybe the "intel" one is in the way.

And it /is/ a shame that ppl. who want to be paid for making the desktop more amazing and improve hardware support cannot even read an Xorg log file, sorry.

Cheers,
Thomas