Re: xorg 7.6, 2-seat environment, no mice

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 05:54:20 PDT 2012

On Samstag, 13. Oktober 2012 18:39:47 CEST, Ditmar Unger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've upgraded from OpenSuSE 12.1 to 12.2 with xorg 7.6 in a
> 2-seat environment and cannot separate mice any more.
> Different to the situation before the upgrade I cannot switch off
>
> Section "ServerLayout"
> 	Option        "AutoEnableDevices" "on"
> 	Option        "AutoAddDevices" "on"
>
> without switching off both mice. Switching it ON leads to the
> input off both keyb. and mice on both screens which makes the
> multiseat environment  unusable.

Tried letting them in and deactivate the unwanted ones at runtime, using xinput?

> Switching it OFF leads to Xorg.[0,1].log
The more interesting question regarding your original problem would be what the log says about the configured input devices.
Do you eventually lack the mouse input driver?
Do the /dev/input/mouse* devices exists and point the right device? (sudo cat them and move the mouse around, should get you some output)