Fedora display problem

lalit dhingra lalitdhingra656 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 10:18:49 PDT 2012

Dear Team

I have a system with P-III processor which works on 850 MHz with
"siliconmotion" graphics adapter.My BIOS supports APM not ACPI. I installed
a customized version of fedora-8 (only some application packages and
services are removed, and all the driver packages are there).

The problem is the screen goes blank after half an hour or so, even if I
have set the Power Management option to "NEVER" for AC power and Battery,
and a gnome screen saver is also there.
After this also the screen goes black/blank and never comes up on mouse
movement or keypress, only option is to reboot the system. Also the vertual
terminals are blank(Can't switch Alt+Ctrl+F1 etc.).

Please Help.