killer feature for XOrg.

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Aug 19 02:19:33 PDT 2013

Mathieu Jobin wrote:

> several years later, you guys heard or XPRA ?
>
> https://code.google.com/p/partiwm/wiki/xpra

I don't think that Xpra was around in 2005, but it has been discussed
in a number of similar threads since then; the first I can find was
April 2008.

Xpra is essentially VNC on a window-by-window basis. As such, it has
most of the same drawbacks as VNC, the main one being that rendering
is performed by the proxy rather than the endpoint.

Proxying at the protocol level isn't feasible for anything beyond the
simplest cases, so the optimal solution is for toolkits to provide the
ability to unrealise the widget tree and re-realize it on another
display.