hald

Etienne Robillard animelovin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 11:49:02 PST 2013

On Fri, 1 Feb 2013 09:09:19 +1000
Peter Hutterer <peter.hutterer at who-t.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 06:05:43PM +0000, Steven Newbury wrote:
> > On Thu, 2013-01-31 at 09:01 -0800, Etienne Robillard wrote:
> > > Thanks. But i didn't use --disable-config-hal... It was set to the default (auto). For that
> > > reason I was hoping not to have to mess with hald to make the server running
> > > again.
> > >
> > > I guess i'll have to explicitely attempt to use the "--disable-config-hal" flag
> > > next time I want to try a build.
> > >
> > I'm pretty sure HAL is disabled by configure if udev support is
> > detected.  Input hotplug requires one of the other, udev is preferred.
>
> indeed that his the case (on linux). and configure will refuse to enable
> both, but apparently it doesn't complain if you enabled neither. while a
> potential use-case in theory, it's quite unlikely and we should warn the
> user.

Heck, even with "--disable-config-hal" and "--enable-config-udev" the server doesn't like
it... I have no idea between 1.12 to 1.13.2 to refuse using udev...

Is it possible the 1.12 stack use a internal udev library for handling basic
input devices (keyboard/mouse) ?

> Cheers,
>    Peter

erob at nguns:~/ncvs/x11/xserver$ head config.log
This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

It was created by xorg-server configure 1.13.2, which was
generated by GNU Autoconf 2.69.  Invocation command line was

  $ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --disable-ipv6 --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --enable-config-udev --enable-maintainer-mode --disable-config-hal

Regards,

Etienne